A Better Life – What Is The Key?0
Being able to manage your time successfully is really all about being focussed. The Pareto Principle known also as the ’80:20 Rule’ states that 80% of your efforts which are unfocussed or not time managed will only generate 20% of the wanted output. On the other hand, 80% of the desired output can be produced by using only 20% of an effort which is time managed well. While the ratio ’80:20′ is only random, it is used to put weight on how much is lost or how much can be achieved with good time management skills.
Time management is viewed by many as the rules to be used when scheduling appointments, planning and creating things, preparing lists in order of priority, setting goals and so on. These are the fundamentals which need to be in order to build up and finely tune your time management skills. You can then progress and develop your abilities further, eventually achieving the results you desire.
There are, however, more skills involved in time management than just the basics. Decision making, critical thinking and emotional intelligence are also vital for your development and individual expansion.
Personal time management absorbs all that you do. Whether big or small absolutely everything counts, down to each piece of new knowledge you glean to any amount of advice you may consider.
Good personal time management and conducting a balanced life-style go hand in hand and many experts of personal time management are not able to grasp this fact. It’s about getting results, not about being busy all of the time.
Emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and career aspects of your life are the main areas which can be improved by proper use of time management.
Appropriate feelings and desires and the manifestation of them come under the emotional side of things.
The spiritual facet involves an individually special pursuit for significance.
The intellectual side entails the level of knowledge and other mind augmentation activities.
Having a healthy physique, will lead to lower stress levels and feeling less tired.
The social aspect involves building up personal and intimate relationships and becoming an on the go provider to the community.
The career side incorporates both your life at school and in the workplace.
Preparing a list of tasks to carry out on every one of the above will not be at all practical. It is more important to take time to work out which area of your life is not receiving enough attention. All of these pieces make up the whole you, so by closing your eyes to one part you are in fact, ignoring an important part of yourself.
Managing your personal time is a very level-headed and rational approach to solving problems, however big or small and a super way to enhance your personal life, without having to face such a daunting task is to try these basic actions.
Always keep a list of your long and short term goals to hand and review them as you need to. Establish which task you consider being essential or even unnecessary to achieve your goals and which of the activities you carry out are providing you with a balanced lifestyle.
Make sure you perform your more difficult tasks when you are at a peak in your individual cycle. We all have spells when we slow down a little so difficult tasks should be avoided at this time.
You often hear of see advice about learning how to say “No”. Take heed of this advice even if it means you have to say no to family and friends from time to time.
Don’t forget to reward yourself with a bit of praise or a treat of some other kind, if you have effectively managed your time and achieved good results.
Your good management of time will be of benefit to those around you so try to get their co-operation as much as you can.
Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Make sure you attend to things as soon as possible.
Set yourself up to succeed, have a positive attitude but remember to make your goals achievable.
Keep some sort of record or diary of all the activities in which you partake. This will assist you to make sure things are in perspective.
The above mentioned steps are the basis of you becoming an all round well balanced individual using personal time management as the art and science of making a better life for yourself. From the first moment you start to practice time management and build your skills up you will see how it broadens the horizons, and provides you with a great deal of help with your personal growth. The opportunities will be there for the taking!